Hong Kong: Budget for 2013–14 – detailsMarch 5, 2013
The Budget for 2013–14 was presented to the Legislative Council by the Financial Secretary on 27 February 2013. Details of the tax-related proposals, which unless otherwise indicated will apply from 1 April 2013 when they are enacted, are summarized below.
- A 75% reduction of profits tax for the year of assessment 2012–13 was proposed, subject to a ceiling of HKD10,000 per case.
- A 75% reduction of salaries tax and tax under personal assessment for the year of assessment 2012–13, subject to a ceiling of HKD10,000 per case.
- Child allowance and the additional one-off child allowance in the year of birth to be increased from HKD63,000 to HKD70,000.
- The deduction ceiling for self-education expenses to be increased from HKD60,000 to HKD80,000.
- An extra allowance to be provided to recipients of Comprehensive Social Security Assistance, Old Age Allowance, Old Age Living Allowance and Disability Allowance, equal to one month’s allowance.
- Waiver of business registration fees for 2013–14.
- Waiver of property rates for 2013–14, capped at HKD1,500 per tenement per quarter.
©copyright IBFD. This article is part of a selection of daily news from the IBFD Tax News Service (TNS) chosen by EY professionals. All rights to the content reside with IBFD. Any use requires IBFD’s prior permission in writing. IBFD´s disclaimer applies to any and all of IBFD’s articles and publications.