Hong Kong: Budget for 2013–14 – detailsMarch 5, 2013
The Budget for 2013–14 was presented to the Legislative Council by the Financial Secretary on 27 February 2013. Details of the tax-related proposals, which unless otherwise indicated will apply from 1 April 2013 when they are enacted, are summarized below.
- A 75% reduction of profits tax for the year of assessment 2012–13 was proposed, subject to a ceiling of HKD10,000 per case.
- A 75% reduction of salaries tax and tax under personal assessment for the year of assessment 2012–13, subject to a ceiling of HKD10,000 per case.
- Child allowance and the additional one-off child allowance in the year of birth to be increased from HKD63,000 to HKD70,000.
- The deduction ceiling for self-education expenses to be increased from HKD60,000 to HKD80,000.
- An extra allowance to be provided to recipients of Comprehensive Social Security Assistance, Old Age Allowance, Old Age Living Allowance and Disability Allowance, equal to one month’s allowance.
- Waiver of business registration fees for 2013–14.
- Waiver of property rates for 2013–14, capped at HKD1,500 per tenement per quarter.
©copyright IBFD. This article is part of a selection of daily news from the IBFD Tax News Service (TNS) chosen by Ernst & Young professionals. All rights to the content reside with IBFD. Any use requires IBFD’s prior permission in writing. IBFD´s disclaimer applies to any and all of IBFD’s articles and publications.