Luxembourg and Italy: protocol to treaty – exchange of lettersJuly 24, 2012
On 19 July 2012, the Luxembourg administration published an exchange of letters with respect to the amending protocol, signed on 21 June 2012, to the Italy–Luxembourg Income and Capital Tax Treaty (1981).
The most important clarifications are:
- Information exchanged upon request also includes information on interest payments under the Savings Directive (2003/48)
- The state requesting exchange of information needs to provide the following data:
- Personal data to identify the person on which information is requested
- Indications in which form the requesting state wants to receive the requested information
- The fiscal purpose for which the information is requested
©copyright IBFD. This article is part of a selection of daily news from the IBFD Tax News Service (TNS) chosen by Ernst & Young professionals. All rights to the content reside with IBFD. Any use requires IBFD’s prior permission in writing. IBFD´s disclaimer applies to any and all of IBFD’s articles and publications.