Slovak Republic: manifesto of Government on tax and social contributions measures for 2012–16 – adopted by ParliamentMay 31, 2012
On 15 May 2012, the Parliament adopted the manifesto of the Government, which emerged from the early parliamentary elections of 10 March 2012.
The main aims in the area of taxes and social contributions are summarized below:
- To remove the distortions of tax and social insurance system
- To increase the tax burden on gambling
- To analyze the possibility of granting tax relief for businesses with research and development activities
- To increase the progressiveness of the tax system for individuals and companies with above-the-average income or profits
- To increase the tax rates on property (factors such as luxury or ecological harmfulness are considered)
- To introduce tax on financial transactions
- To reconsider the current level of mandatory bank contributions
- To prepare an action plan to combat tax evasion
- To reduce the tax administrative burden
- To simplify duties in the field of taxes and social insurance contributions
©copyright IBFD. This article is part of a selection of daily news from the IBFD Tax News Service (TNS) chosen by Ernst & Young professionals. All rights to the content reside with IBFD. Any use requires IBFD’s prior permission in writing. IBFD´s disclaimer applies to any and all of IBFD’s articles and publications.